At Databricks, our mission is to make big data simple. We solve the conundrum of how to store, manage and get insight from the sheer variety of data types that exist today using a simple, open and collaborative platform that we refer to as the Databricks Lakehouse.
Azure Databricks is optimised for Azure and tightly integrated with Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Data Factory, Azure Machine Learning, Power BI and other Azure services.
These upcoming events are suited for Microsoft Azure customers in data engineering, data science, and data analysts and reporting functions. We offer 4 unique sessions that will cover a mix of technology overviews, hands-on labs and best practices tips that are facilitated live using MS Teams by Databricks and Microsoft experts.
Modern Data Engineering with Azure Databricks (60 minutes)
23 September | 11 AM - 12 PM AEST
28 October | 11 AM - 12 PM AEDT
In this workshop, we’ll cover best practices to help organisations leverage powerful open source technologies so you can build and extend your Azure investments and make your data lake analytics-ready. You’ll learn about the advantages of cloud-based data lakes in terms of security and cost.
- Learn how to build highly scalable and reliable data pipelines for analytics
- See how to make your existing Azure Data Lake analytics-ready with open source Delta Lake technology
- Integrate that data with services such as Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Data Factory, Azure DevOps and Power BI — and leverage your Azure Active Directory security and roles without moving your data out of your account
Data Science with Azure Databricks (60 minutes)
30 September | 11 AM - 12 PM AEST
11 November | 11 AM - 12 PM AEDT
Join this session to learn how to leverage Azure best practices for implementing a complete data science lifecycle, enabling data teams to scale effectively using Azure Databricks, MLflow and other Azure services.
This live workshop will teach you how to:
- Train models and create predictions with Azure Databricks
- Track experiments and tune hyperparameters with MLflow
- Deploy and serve models with MLflow and other Azure services
Azure Databricks QuickStart Labs (90 minutes)
7 October | 11 AM - 12:30 PM AEDT
4 November | 11 AM - 12:30 PM AEDT
Achieve success with Azure Databricks in less time by joining one of our Quickstart Labs onboarding sessions. Learn from a live instructor who will provide step-by-step guidance on the fundamentals using real-world data sets.
This hands-on session will show you:
- How to process and analyze data with Azure Databricks
- How to use the Azure Databricks workspace, notebooks, and cluster management
- Tips and tricks for cost savings and efficiency
Analytics in 60 minutes (60 minutes)
14 October | 11 AM - 12 PM AEST
2 December | 11 AM - 12 PM AEST
Learn how you can easily query your data lake using SQL and Delta Lake on Azure. We’ll show how Delta Lake enables you to run SQL queries without moving or copying your data. We will also explain some of the added benefits that Azure Databricks provides when working with Delta Lake.