Data professionals across industries recognize they must effectively harness data for their businesses to innovate and gain competitive advantage. High quality, reliable data forms the backbone for all successful data endeavors, from reporting and analytics to machine learning.
Delta Lake is an open source storage layer that solves many concerns around data lakes and makes data lakes reliable. It provides:
- ACID transactions
- Scalable metadata handling
- Unified streaming and batch data processing
In this guide, we will walk you through the application of Delta Lake to address four common industry use cases with approaches and reusable code samples. These can be repurposed to solve your own data challenges and empower downstream users with reliable data.
- Streaming financial stock data analysis that delivers transactional consistency of legacy and streaming data concurrently
- Genomic data analytics used for analyzing population-scale genomic data
- Real-time display advertising attribution for delivering information on advertising spend effectiveness
- Mobile gaming data event processing to enable fast metric calculations and responsive scaling