Healthcare and life sciences manufacturers are required to monitor patient safety during new treatment protocols. This is a challenge given the complexity of the data that needs to be analyzed. In fact, less than 5% of adverse drug events (ADEs) get reported through official channels. Most are captured in other channels like doctors’ notes, conversations between clinicians and sales reps, and social media channels. Transforming this unstructured text data into insights that an organization can use to detect ADEs requires a modern, scalable analytics platform that can handle diverse health data.
Join this virtual workshop to learn how the Databricks Lakehouse Platform and John Snow Labs, the leader in healthcare NLP, enable you to analyze all your real-world text data to detect adverse events and improve the safety of new treatments.Event Agenda (PT)
- 9:00–9:15 AM Intro to Drug Safety Monitoring and Real-World Data
- 9:15–9:30 AM Healthcare NLP at Scale With John Snow Labs and Databricks
- 9:30–9:45 AM Break and Prep for Hands-On Workshop
- 9:45–10:15 AM Workshop Part 1: Identify Adverse Events From Conversational Text
- 10:15–10:45 AM Workshop Part 2: Building a Lakehouse for Pharmacovigilance on Databricks
- 10:45–11:00 AM Wrap-Up and Q&A